Fraternity and Sorority Life
Recommended Readings for Prevention Professionals
- Barber, J., Espino, M., & Bureau, D. (2015). Fraternities and sororities: Developing a compelling case for relevance in higher education. Today’s college students: A reader. New York: Peter Lang.
- Danielson, C., Taylor, S. H., & Hartford, M. (2001). Examining the complex relationship between Greek life and alcohol: A literature review. NASPA Journal, 38(4), 451-465.
- Sasso, P. A. (2012). Towards a typology of fraternity/sorority programs: A content analysis. Oracle: The Research Journal of the Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors, 7(1).
- NASPA's collection of resources related to fraternity and sorority life
- Programming Alcohol and Other Drug Education in Greek Affairs is a great resource from the Education Advisory Board
Interested in learning more about what makes up advising fraternity and sorority life?
Check out this fish bone diagram containing all the items involved in a fraternity/sorority program. It's a real life picture of what happens in at least one office on an annual basis.
- Health Behaviors of Greek College Students, Missouri Partners in Prevention
Documents from May 2018 PIP Meeting on Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Prevention & Fraternity and Sorority Life